Textbooks at the Library
The library mainatins a collection of course textbooks. It should not be considered a substitute for buying your own books! Books are available for purchase at the bookstore. Reasons to buy your own books include:
- It’s yours, you can write in it, highlight, underline etc. Useful when going over content in class.
- You have it when needed- think late night study, open book tests, long car trips.
- No lines at the photocopy machine
- Many textbooks come with Student Access Codes for additional online course materials associated with the Textbook including individualized study plans and multimedia tutorials.
The Rules of Use are as follows:
- Textbook loans are limited to in library use only. No matter what the reason, textbooks do not leave the library.
- You must have a valid College ID card
- Photocopying is limited by copyright law. This is not a College law – it is the United States Code that governs the reproduction, distribution, adaptation, public performance, and public display of copyrighted materials. For more on this subject see Title 17 of the United States Code
- The library staff will not reproduce and provide in any format textbook content.
- Do not make markings of any kind ( highlight, underline) in library provided textbooks.